Are you confused about how to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you frustrated because previous weight loss attempts have worked short term but not long term? As a licensed professional counselor with 25 years of experience, I have helped thousands of clients make lasting positive changes in their lives. So I can reassure you…change is hard! The struggle to lose weight is real. And there are no magic pills or formulas. No quick fixes. But there are ways to lose weight and keep it off while as a bonus, getting more healthy then you’ve ever been!
Lifestyle changes are the key!
The necessary ingredients for successful weight loss are many and varied. You’ll need to evaluate everything from sleep habits and stress levels, to exercise and of course, the actual food you eat. And, you may need to explore some more sensitive areas of your life such as:
- Emotional eating might be sabotaging your weight loss efforts. You may need to learn how to identify and process your emotions in healthy ways before you can lose weight and keep it off long term.
- An honest look at your substance use might be required. Whether it’s the “before bed” wine or the regular use of marijuana, both can impact sleep, anxiety, depression and motivation.
- You may need to explore dysfunctions within your relationship (with yourself or others). The impact of low self-esteem, lack of healthy boundaries or unsupportive and draining primary relationships can be significant.
- Perhaps your distorted thoughts are creating high anxiety or low level depression; both make weight loss harder.
- It could be that your environment, at home, at work (or even in your car) are setting you up for weight loss failure.
And that’s just a small, partial list of lifestyle and mental health factors that are likely impacting your weight loss efforts. So, you can see how losing weight requires a big picture, holistic view of your life, your habits, your relationships, your thinking, your emotions, and more. It requires expertise of human behavior, habit change and psychology. As a holistic, licensed professional counselor, with all the most effective psychological tools at my disposal, I can help you with all the areas of your life that require change. I can teach you the mental health skills you need to ensure you can successfully lose weight and keep it off long term.
You can receive coaching from Vegan Shrink to help you meet you lose weight and get healthy!
At Vegan Shrink, (a separate coaching business) I offer coaching that combines a healthy whole food plant based vegan diet right alongside the most effective mental heath tools available to help you lose weight and keep it off for good!
The bottom line is, fad diets just don’t work. But making lifestyle changes can help you lose weight and keep it off permanently! My coaching combines the very best clinical mental health tools, alongside whole food plant based nutrition. So I’m the perfect coach to help you make dietary, mental, emotional and lifestyle changes you need to make to lose weight and keep it off!
P.S. – Read more about my coaching services here and learn about a whole food plant based diet to lose weight quickly, deliciously and effortlessly!
I’m looking forward to helping you lose weight and keep it off…for good!